On August 8, 2016, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced an open meeting of the Biomass Research and Development Technical Advisory Committee in the Federal Register. The purpose of the meeting is to develop advice and guidance promoting research and development (R&D) for biofuel and bioproducts production. A tentative agenda includes:
- Update on U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Biomass R&D Activities
- Update on DOE, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE), and Biomass R&D Activities
- Overview of the Commercial Aviation Alternative Fuels Initiative (CAAFI)
- Presentations on Advanced Biodigester Systems
- Overview of OSTP and Its Role on the Biomass Board
The meeting will be held in Madison, WI, on August 17, 2016, from 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (CT) and August 18, 2016, from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (CT). A meeting summary will be provided for public review online.