EPA, Green Chemistry Challenge Awards, And Stepan Company Join BRAG Panel At BIO World Congress
We are very pleased to announce some of the speakers who are scheduled to participate in the session the Biobased and Renewable Products Advocacy Group (BRAG™) is hosting May 13, 2014, at BIO World Congress, titled "Commercializing Renewable Chemicals and Biobased Products: The Importance of Successfully and Efficiently Navigating the Regulatory Process":
* Tracy Williamson, Ph.D., Chief, Industrial Chemistry Branch, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics, EPA;
* David Widawsky, Ph.D., Director -- Economics, Exposure, and Technology Division of EPA and Manager of the EPA Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Awards; and
* Frank Pacholec, Ph.D., Vice President, R&D/Corporate Sustainability Officer, Stepan Company (Stepan).
Through presentations and panel discussion, this session will fully inform, equip, and assist renewable chemical producers in finding the path of least resistance on the road to commercialization. Topics to be discussed include:
* Overview of the 90-day EPA new chemical notification review process;
* Filling out the Pre-manufacture Notification (PMN) form -- Top Ten Mistakes and How to Avoid Them;
* Challenges posed by chemical identity/nomenclature under U.S. and European Union (EU) law; and
* Leveraging successfully pollution prevention benefits.
The BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology is the world's largest industrial biotechnology event for business leaders, investors, and policy makers in biofuels, biobased products, and renewable chemicals. The congress takes place May 12 - 15, 2014, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Early bird registration ends March 31, 2014. Information and registration is available online.